A two-bedroom 19th century cottage situated in the historic village of Brompton adjacent to St Thomas’s Church on the green, which dates back to 1386.
The cottage is perfect for people who like outdoor pursuits or wish to visit the highlights of the Dales and North Yorkshire Moors
Brompton is close to the market town of Northallerton where markets are held every Wednesday and Saturday.
The accommodation offers off road parking for a standard car, on road parking is unrestricted,and an enclosed patio garden to the rear.
The lounge has kept many of the original features including its board and beam ceiling and cast-iron fire-range and furnished with period & modern furniture..
The kitchen is fitted with all the amenities one would expect from a modern kitchen and blends seamlessly with the period dining area.
To the rear is a snug, fitted for reading and old-style games.
Bedroom 1 – king size bed and wardrobe.
Bedroom 2 – single bed with a travelling trunk as a wardrobe.Bathroom – shower and bath combined.
Additional information – available all year round.
Central heating, free wi-fiBed linen and towels are provided.
There is a well-stocked village shop across the green and 2 public houses.
No dogs No smoking
Not suitable for wheelchair users.
Brompton is situated in the Vale of Mowbray with easy access to the Dales and North Yorkshire Moors.
Brompton village is listed in the Doomsday Book as “Brunton” under the lands of the Bishop of Durham. In 1138 the Battle of the Standard was fought in Brompton Parish on the north side of the village. The conflict was between King David of Scotland and King Stephen of England and resulted in an overwhelming victory of the English forces commanded by Archbishop Thurstan of York. The bodes of a thousand Scots are believed to be buried in the area known as Scots Pit Lane while local place names commemorate the battle, e.g., Red Hills and Standard Hill Farm